April is Stress Awaresness Month, and we all know that moving house can be one of the most stress-free experiences you can have in your life. By planning ahead and working with a company like Go Group - we can help you and your family make the most of your brand new adventure and give you time to enjoy every moment of your new life together.
April's typically also the month people start planning for the Summer months - so if you're accepting a new job in another country or going off to explore new horizons, here's some top tips from us to keep any of that move-related stress to a minimum...
Here are a few tips to help you stay calm and organized during your move:
- Start planning early. The earlier you start planning your move, the more time you'll have to get everything done. This will help you avoid last-minute stress and make the process more manageable.
- Do your research on the place your going and make sure you're up to speed on any of the legal and customs requirements and paperwork you might need to do both before and after you start the process.
- Get organized. Once you've chosen a transportation company, it's time to start getting organized. Pack your belongings carefully and label all of your boxes. This will help you find your things quickly when you arrive at your new home. Don't forget we can help advise you on the best ways to pack so all your stuff arrives clean, dry, and iun one piece at your new home!
- Be prepared for delays. Moving overseas can be unpredictable, so it's important to be prepared for delays. Pack a bag with essentials such as clothes, toys, medicines etc for your first few days in your new home, just in case your belongings don't arrive on time - and make sure you plan for insurance too just in case the worst should happen!
- Stay positive. Moving overseas can be a great opportunity, so try to stay positive and focus on the good things. This will help you get through the stressful parts of the move and make the most of your new adventure.
By following these tips, you can make your overseas move much less stressful. But its more than just the packing and shifting of your possessions that's worth considering. Here are some other tips to help you get settled into your brand new community:
- Learn about your new culture. Before you move, take some time to learn about the culture of your new country. This will help you feel more comfortable and prepared for your new life.
- Make friends. One of the best ways to adjust to your new life is to make friends. Join local clubs or groups, or take classes to meet people who share your interests.
- Explore your new surroundings. Take some time to explore your new city or town. Visit local landmarks, try new foods, and meet new people.
- Be patient. It takes time to adjust to a new life, so be patient with yourself. Don't expect to feel at home right away. Give yourself time to adjust and explore your new surroundings.
- Ask for help! - There's loads of resources to help you move, so make sure you ask for help if you're stuck or unsure. There's loads of expat associations and publications which all provide help for people relocating to new cities, so reach out and make the most of these resources if you'e unsure.
Moving overseas can be a great opportunity, but it's important to be prepared for the challenges. We've got years of experience in planning and executing moves of all kinds all over the world (and we've probasbly solved almost every problem) - so the best advice we can give you is to selevt a moving partner (like us!) who will help take all of the stress out of your move and help you plan for the adventure of a lifetime, and give you time back to make sure it's one of the most positive experiences of your life.
For more information about what we do and how we do it, visit the Go Group website at www.go-group.com or visit us on social media @go__group.